The 8 Craziest Things People Do to Build Muscle


Excerpt:
Athletes and gym-goers do whatever it takes to build muscle. Some strategies are super intense and maybe a bit crazy, but effective. Others are simply ridiculous and do nothing except make you look like a fool.

We polled eight strength coaches to hear the craziest or most ridiculous things they’ve heard someone do in order to build muscle. Here’s what they said:

Restricting Blood Flow
Tony Gentilcore: I think the current blood restriction trend that's happening ranks right up there. I'm sure there're a handful of studies out there showcasing its efficacy. But, wrapping elastic rubber bands around your arms to restrict blood flow under the premise that [it] will somehow increase muscle mass is a bit extreme in my opinion. This is the last thing a 150-pound dude needs to be doing to make his arms bigger.

10-Hour Bench Press Session

Mark Roozen: I once had six guys come to me and ask if I could keep the facility open all night...

Read the rest from Yahoo! News